Polar Electro Oy ("Polar") maintains this web site ("Site") and all the information, communications, software, photos, scripting, video, text, music, graphics, sound, images and other materials and services found on this Site (collectively "Content"), for the users of its customers and members of the general public but only for the lawful purposes described below.
Acceptance of terms; applicable law
By accessing, browsing and/or using this Site you agree to be bound by these terms ("Terms") and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You represent that you have the legal authority to accept these Terms on behalf of yourself or any party you represent. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government or by final determination of any court, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provision of these Terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, please notice that you are not allowed to use this Site.
Individual documents on this Site may be subject to additional terms indicated in those documents.
This Site is controlled and operated by Polar from its offices within Finland. By accessing this Site you agree that the LAWS OF FINLAND, without regard to principles of the conflicts of laws, shall apply to the matters relating to the use of this Site. Polar makes no representation that the Content on this Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to it from territories where its contents is illegal is prohibited. Those who access this Site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You acknowledge that Polar may in its sole discretion refuse or terminate access to this Site by you at any time.
Restrictions on use of content
The Content is Copyright © Polar Electro Oy 2010. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The Content is protected by copyright laws, international treaty provisions and all applicable national laws. You may not reproduce (whether by linking, framing or any other method), transfer, distribute or storage of part or all of the Content in any form without the prior written consent of Polar except in accordance with the following terms. Polar consents to you displaying, downloading or printing portions of the material from the different areas of these pages solely for your own non-commercial use. You may not change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from this Site.
Any communication or material you transmit to Polar via this Site or electronic mail will be deemed NOT to be confidential. You agree that the communication and material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication, that you will use your best efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before sending any communication or material, and that you own the material or have the unlimited right to provide it to Polar. Polar is under no obligation to refrain from reproducing, publishing or otherwise using the communication or material in any way or for any purpose. Polar shall be free to use content of any such communication and material, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or services, without compensation to the provider of the submissions. You agree not to take action against Polar related to material you send and you agree to indemnify Polar if any third party takes action against Polar related to the material you send. Polar cannot review the content posted by users on this Site. Polar is not responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy. Polar may at any time at its discretion remove any content posted by users.
Polar may revise or withdraw the Content, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. Polar may revise these Terms from time to time by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and you agree to periodically visit this page to determine the then current Terms to which you are bound.
Polar Webstore Gift Card
Gift card cannot be returned or exchanged to cash. Gift card is valid for up to 6 months and it can only be used in the Polar webstore, from which the gift card was purchased. The gift card can be used only once, and may be used as full or part payment. You can not use other discounts or voucher, when paying with gift card.
Polar is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" and "as available" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the availability, accuracy, reliability or content of the site or any other web sites linked to or from this site. To the fullest extent permissable pursuant to applicable law, polar disclaims all such representations and warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, polar does not represent or warrant that this site will be uniterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes these pages available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Please note that the information, exercise/training programs and/or guides in polarpersonaltrainer.com cannot replace the services of health professionals or physicians. Polar recommends to use the following browsers with the site: Internet Explorer 11.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 43 or higher, Safari 8 or higher and Google Chrome 47 or higher. The browser recommendation for www.polarpersonaltrainer.com web service is: Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher.
Limitation of liability
Polar shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, lost profits of for business interruption arising out of your access, use or inability to use this site, or any errors or omissions in the content, even if polar has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of certain limitations of liability, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Polar logo is a registered trademark of Polar. All product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Polar. Other trade names or trademarks may be trade names or trademarks of third parties. You are not granted, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any marks appearing on this Site.
Copyright © Polar Electro Oy 2010. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Polar may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways including tracking your activities through your IP address or most-recently visited URLs. This information is used on an aggregated basis to measure the number of visits, average time spent on this Site, pages viewed, and other technical data. We also use it to monitor the use of this Site and to improve the overall quality and content of the online experience. In addition to collecting this type of information, we collect data about site downloads and queries for targeted advertising purposes, including the possible interests of site visitors and their demographics. Please note that we may provide this information to reputable third parties, but this information will include no personally identifying information.
In order to provide you certain services through this Site, we may ask you for personal information. We may also collect technical data and information related to your personal Polar device, accessories and related software and/ their use. We may use this information for marketing and promotional purposes. Information may also be used for offering of software updates, product support and possible other services related to Polar products. Information may be used for research and development purposes. If you object to such use for any reason, you may stop that use at any time by written request. The request should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not, without your permission, provide this personal information to other third parties than the Polar distributor in your country, except as necessary to fulfill your requests.
Polar has taken all appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised access to, improper use and the inaccuracy of
your personal information.
Accuracy of Collected Information
Polar will on its own initiative, correct or erase any personal data which is incomplete, inaccurate or outdated for the purposes for which it is used. You always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided, and you are encouraged to ensure that your contact information and any other information you have provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date by visiting Polar account page.
When you access this Site, our server may attach a small text file to your hard disk - a cookie. By showing how and when our quests use this Site, this information helps us to improve this
Site. It is important to note that cookies are safe. They cannot be executed as code or be used to deliver a virus, and personal information is not gathered from them, or stored on
them. If you do not wish to receive cookies, or want to be notified of when they are placed, you can set your web
browser to do so, if your browser so permits.
Unless permitted by applicable law, Polar requests that “Minors” (as determined by applicable laws of your domicile) do not engage in any legal acts (purchases or any other acts) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Description of the personal data file
Description of the personal data file can be found here.
Standard Terms and Conditions
These competition rules are applicable to the relationship between you and Polar Electro Oy when you enter any of our competitions or campaigns. The below definitions are generic to all our online competitions and campaigns. In case of a specific competition/campaign, you should follow the links on the relevant page of the website to the individual rules for that particular competition/campaign.
Employees of Polar Electro Oy and their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and parent company, sales representatives, marketing affiliates and partners, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate families or household of each are not eligible for prizes. The promoter shall pay for the applicable lottery tax, if any. The prize winner will be responsible for paying all other taxes associated with the winning of the prize. No purchase or admission fee is necessary to participate. The contest promoter is Polar Electro Oy, Professorintie 5, 90440 Kempele, Finland.
"Competition" shall mean any of our online competitions; "we", "us", "our" shall mean Polar Electro Oy, Professorintie 5, 90440 Kempele, Finland; and "website" shall mean any website where the competition is online.
1. By participating in any of our Competitions, entrants agree to be bound by these rules (which may be amended or varied from time to time by us) and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition.
2. All prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. Arrangements for the fulfillment of prizes will be made by us. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
3. In order to be eligible for prizes, the winner(s) (and guest if applicable) agree to (1) sign an affidavit of eligibility if required; (2) release us from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the prize or any portion thereof save where due to our negligence; and (3) sign a promotional release granting us the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into the Competition constitutes the winner(s)' agreement to sign such releases. The winner(s) (and guest if applicable) must complete all legal documents and return them to us within fourteen (14) days of receipt from us. Non-compliance will result in disqualification of the winner(s) and an alternative winner will be selected.
4. The receipt of any of the prize components of the Competition is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. The winner(s) are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any expenses not specified in the prize description.
5. We reserve the right to implement age requirements where necessary. Entrants aged 15 (18 in the USA) or under must obtain consent from their parent or guardian prior to entering the Competition. Competitions are not open to employees, or their immediate families, of Polar Electro Oy, affiliated companies and subsidiaries, and any and all sponsors. We also reserve the right to geographical restrictions for participation rights.
6. By entering the Competition, all entrants assign all rights, title and interest in all creative material uploaded onto the website.
7. For the names of the winner(s) up to one (1) month after the Competition closes, please send an SAE to Polar Electro Oy, Internet Marketing Team, Professorintie 5, 90440 Kempele, Finland specifying the Competition.
8. The winner(s) agree that Polar Electro Oy, its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors shall have no liability in connection with acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded herein. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner at our absolute discretion.
9. Any personal information, including, without limitation, the entrant's name, age, address, telephone number and/or email address which is obtained by us by virtue of entrants entering the Competition may, with the entrant's consent, be used by us or disclosed to third parties for certain marketing, market research, analysis and related purposes. Please go to http://www.polar.fi/legal_notice for more details on the use of such personal information and your right to remove your personal information from our database.
Copyright © Polar Electro Oy 2015. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.