These guidelines apply to the scientific studies done in collaboration with Polar Electro Oy.
Please send your research co-operation application to the email address below. Proposals are evaluated and response given to applicant within two weeks.
NDA procedures are used if needed.
The language required in all (international) project initiatives is English.
A research proposal should include the following documents:
1) Presentation of the research unit (institute, university, department etc.)
- background and general presentation
- private or public (funding base)
- staff and equipment resources
2) Presentation of the responsible researcher
- curriculum vitae
- main recent publications of the topic
3) Research plan (max 10 pages)
- abstract (1 page)
- introduction (background, literature)
- study population (subjects)
- measurements and other methods (e.g. statistics)
- benefits to Polar
- ethical issues
- budget and proposal for Polar support (technology, money, other)
- research group (and responsibilities)
- publication plan
Proposals are reviewed using the following criteria:
- significance and originality value for the company
- competence of the study plan (probability to succeed)
- competence of the responsible researcher
- adequacy of the resources (personnel, facilities, equipment) in the research unit
- justification of expenses
1) Very important and relevant to Company
- to be accepted as proposed
- to be accepted after changes/modifications
2) Important, but not of current interest of Company
- to be rejected or transferred to " the waiting list"
3) Not interesting and not in relation to Company actions
- to be rejected
After study proposal and a study plan are accepted a research agreement is signed. Research partner takes care of ethical approvals needed. Progress of the study is followed regularly. After the study is finished a final report is prepared. This report follows the outlines of regular scientific publication emphasizing on results, findings, discussion and conclusions. Scientific publication(s) and presentations on study will follow as stated in agreement between parties.
Send you proposal to: