It’s the scariest month of the year and time again for the traditional Polar Halloween Workout – a scarily effective full-body workout you can do at home, at the office or the haunted mansion at the end of the road. We call it the Yummy Mummy Halloween Workout!
We chose mummies because:
- Mummies in movies have fantastic core strength.
- Mummies have an impeccable sense of style.
- Mummies don’t get nearly enough screen time nowadays.
All you need for this workout is a kettlebell and a few rolls of toilet paper for the shroud.
Okay, Edward (we call him Edward), take it away!
How to do the Halloween workout
- Perform the exercises as a circuit.
- If you’re a beginner, do 2–3 circuits: 30 seconds per exercise with 15–30 seconds of rest between exercises. Rest for 1 minute after each full circuit.
- If you’re more advanced, do 3–4 circuits: 45 seconds per exercise with 15 seconds of rest between exercises. Rest for 1 minute after each full circuit.
- Choose a weight that allows you to complete each exercise with good technique.
2. Creepy push-up
3. 1-leg undeadlift
4. Still kickin’ and swingin’
6. Pass between the legs (and the other side)
7. Haunted figure eight
Halloween workouts BONUS Exercise: The mummy getup
The last gruelling full-body movement in this halloween workout is a bonus for the bravest and most advanced ghouls, mummies and zombies. You don’t have to include the bonus exercise in your circuit.
Thanks to personal trainer Mikko Niiranen for this ghouler than ghoul workout.
If you liked this post, don’t forget to share so that others can find it, too.
Or give it a thumbs up!
I like this article
Please note that the information provided in the Polar Blog articles cannot replace individual advice from health professionals. Please consult your physician before starting a new fitness program.