Careers at Polar
At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
Regional Account Manager – California Retail Sales
Application closing date
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for Specialty Retail and Health Club account development, business performance and sales growth for Southern California. Working with the Northern California and internal sales team, the incumbent will oversee the strategic alignment of sales initiatives and market activation for the state of California.
Type of employment
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Responsible for sales growth within a distinct geographical area.
• Responsible to evaluate and open new distribution in line with Polar’s commercial objectives.
• Achieve/exceed objectives in the areas of brand positioning, community engagement (events), call planning, merchandising, product positioning, and call coverage.
• Create effective long term customer business solutions and partnerships throughout the entire territory of California.
• Anticipate and analyze industry and competitive trends and apply those insights to create new business opportunities.
• Identify and implement new and innovative ways to secure cross-merchandising secondary locations for the Polar portfolio.
• Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans at national accounts designed to grow Polar unit and dollar sales.
• Differentiate Polar from the competition to gain a sustainable competitive advantage with all accounts.
• Represent Polar at various national and local trade shows and clinics.
• Ensure timely completion and accuracy of monthly account calls/recaps and expense reports for area of responsibility.
• Maintain updated trip sheets and account plans.
• Responsible for supporting the new accounts development efforts.
• Establish and nurture business relationships to enhance community networks to drives sales. Identify key influencers and attend professional meetings in territory to maximize networking opportunities.
• Analyze business trends and determine opportunities for segment/ account growth
• Create monthly, quarterly and year end business reviews.
• Partner with marketing to ensure return on investment of all marketing dollars spent in territory and in overall channels.
• Demonstrate understanding of the entire Polar product line and pricing structure.
• Keep sales team/peers informed of key activities, travel and contact information.
• Field incoming customer related opportunities and issues.
• Understand and provide business analysis by accounts for each segment.
• Focus on continuous business process improvement with all stakeholders, including customers, channel peers, sales staff, operations, marketing, etc.
• Provide all reports and projects in a timely manner.
• Focus on continuous business process improvement with all stakeholders, including customers, channel peers, larger sales staff, operations, marketing, etc.
• Working with Finance monitor account financial status (DSO) to ensure issuance of terms and timely payment. Partners with accounting to resolve issues.
• Minimum 3 years sales experience in the sporting or fitness industry.
• Relevant college degree
• Personal passion for fitness, running and general well-being
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
• Valid / clean driving record and passport
• Exceptional time management skill-set.
• Exceptional account base knowledge and rapport.
Send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org