Careers at Polar
At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
Warehouse Supervisor - Warehouse
Application closing date
This position is responsible for assisting Senior Logistics Manager with the daily operations of the warehouse.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Schedule and supervise day-to-day activities of material handlers / shipping personnel.
• Act as a liaison between customer service and distribution.
• Train employees on work procedures and processes to ensure compliance with departmental and company guidelines.
• Assists Senior Logistics Manager in organizing daily work schedules to maintain productivity.
• Monitor attendance of distribution employees and report attendance to Senior Logistics Manager.
• Provides training, leadership and continuous improvement activities.
• Assist Senior Logistics Manager in reviewing employee work performance.
• Ensure the proper storage, labeling, rotation and management of material, including addressing inventory status questions, ordering supplies, and resolving line-down issues.
• Prioritize work to ensure the highest level of customer demand is met.
• Track, measure, and analyze product delivery performance.
• Act as a liaison between Quality Assurance, Operations, and Customer Service to ensure customer needs are met.
• Physical inventory cycle counts
• General maintenance and organization of warehouse
• Operate forklift (if qualified)
• Maintain safe and clean work environment.
• Provide hands on assistance when needed: work with the Warehouse Associates in the picking, packing, routing, shipping operations, with the Returns specialist to organize customer returns, and with the Logistics Specialist with regards to Inventory/Purchase Planning, mis-shipment claims.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Type of employment
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus 2-4 years as Supervisor.
• Strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills
• Good attention to detail, quick learner
• The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of warehouse, inventory and product handling
• Computer knowledge: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SAP experience preferred
• Ability to operate warehousing equipment.
• Able to lift 50lbs.
• Willingness to adapt to changes in processes as they arise.
• Flexibility with work hours due to constantly changing carrier pickups and priority orders, securing warehouse.
Lake Success, NY Office
Send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org