Polar Electro is looking for an experienced Global Creative Director to drive and guide the Polar brand direction, tone of voice, visual approach, strategy and overall creative output across all consumer-facing marketing and brand channels.
This job requires exceptional experience and understanding of digital marketing best practices and content creation and optimization, namely SEO. It also requires a great knowledge of the wider media landscape (including all digital creative formats and traditional media like Retail and OOH). You will be leading a team of 7 (and growing) talented creative professionals, including a content strategist, art directors/visual designers and copywriters. It will be your job to take Polar’s creative direction and content output to industry-leading heights.
Candidates should also have deep experience in the end-to-end creative journey – from brainstorming and ideation, to initial concepting and internal/external briefing, iteration and content creation/review, and finally signoff and execution. Extensive time spent in creative leadership roles at other production houses, agencies or brand marketing teams is essential.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Own, manage, evolve and improve Polar’s global creative, content and brand strategies and guidelines, including visual direction, design language, tone of voice, positioning, and everything in between
- Support sales growth through ambitious, world-class creative and SEO that drives more discovery, awareness, consideration and purchase intent for Polar products.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of all consumer-facing content across all channels and platforms: digital, retail, email, eCommerce, film, photography, messaging
- Define content/creative production processes and roles & responsibilities within marketing (global and local) and set relevant and ambitious KPIs to ensure success.
- Elevate the design, performance and user experience of the Polar.com website, from visuals to navigation and copy & content
- Own and manage creative agency relationships to ensure superior internal and external content output and collaborative ways of working.
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to global and local creative teams to ensure visual communication, messaging and overall quality standards are met and in adherence with brand strategy and guidelines
- Work cross-functionally within the Polar organization by collaborating with and actively involving key stakeholders
- Direct and motivate external production, photography, agency and film partners to ensure key campaign and brand deliverables are met with the highest caliber of quality.
- Manage and cultivate the career development of team members, including designers, copywriters and strategists
- Work alongside research and insights team to commission an approach for defining and better understanding Polar’s current and potential customer base
Competence and experience required for the position
- 10+ years of experience in creative roles within a global organization or with a global customer base
- Superior experience and deep understanding of content creation and marketing within the digital and mobile space – SEO, paid, social, and emerging platforms. Traditional media experience is also essential.
- Native-level command of the English language, with exceptional creative/copy writing abilities
- Hands-on experience in creative process, marketing, concepting, campaign planning and brand development
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Proven track record of managing teams and large scale projects with successful results
- Ability to analyse and derive actionable insights from global KPIs
- BA in advertising, creative arts, film, design or relevant field; MSc/MA will be considered an asset
Key stakeholders and partners
- HQ marketing team (Social, Growth, eCommerce)
- Local marketing directors
- R&D team
- Customer Experience / Business Product Management teams
- External creative agencies / partners