Careers at Polar
At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
Account Manager - Retail
Application closing date
This omni channel sales role is responsible for developing and implementing account specific business plans, achieving account profitability and sales targets. Provides account leadership for specialty retail stores to advocate to the customer need and Polar’s strategies. This position is in house and requires travel 20% of the time.
Duties/Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Develop and maintain best in industry relationships with retail accounts.
• Develop and implement account strategies to meet sales targets.
• Drive new brick / mortar and digital sales through new partnerships, optimizing existing channels and enhancing customers’ interactions.
• Analyze, recommend, negotiate and implement effective and efficient trade terms in coordination with global policies and commercial criteria.
• Ensure best representation of brand in store and online with the support of brand marketing team.
• Grow account revenue by managing the customer sell-in and sell-through activities.
• Stay up-to-date with emerging industry trends and technologies; identify trends and insights; optimize spend and performance based on insights.
• Ensure that online customer product information is up-to-date and accurate.
• Enhance presentation of product listings to align with SEO and PPC efforts.
• Manage coop funds with account to grow Polar revenue.
• Measure and report performance of all campaigns (digital /print/displays) and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Educate retailer on product applications and in-store sales techniques.
• Work with Marketing to develop sales and marketing plans for separate sell-in and sell-through activities.
• Guide accounts in leveraging and maximizing marketing assets for product sell-through.
• Identify new approaches and positioning based on ROI.
• Develop a comprehensive knowledge of HRM technology and market strategy.
• Respond to customer inquiries concerning: product application, product features and functions, competitive differentiators.
Type of employment
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficient in SAP and MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to dig extensively into metrics and analytics to understand and manage the business. Uses this data to focus on gaining results.
• Personal passion for physical fitness and well-being.
• Demonstrated skills in building profitable customer relationships within each phase of the account management cycle.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
Travel: 20% travel required
Lake Success, NY Office
Send resume with salary history to email@example.com