At a glance
For those who want to know if they’re improving their fitness or burning fat.
- The EnergyPointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning
- Displays calories burned
- Comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Suitable for swimming
›Smart Coaching Features
Shows you how your training affects your body
Gives you clear guidance on how to get into shape faster.
Lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned.
› FT7 Smart Coaching Features
Shows you how your training affects your body
Shows you how your training affects your body and helps you compare the load of different workouts. Continuous monitoring of training load will help you recognize your personal limits and adjust your training intensity and duration according to your targets.Training load and Recovery status features in Polar FlowTraining Load in polarpersonaltrainer.com
Gives you clear guidance on how to get into shape faster.
If you want to improve your fitness or burn fat, Energy Pointer is a simple-to-use feature that visually shows you what the main effect of your training is so that you can focus on what you want to achieve.Background about EnergyPointer
Lets you know exactly how many calories you’ve burned.
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit)This feature enables you to define the target zone as you want and is suitable for your training. You can set the target zone for your training as beats per minute (bpm), as a percentage of your maximum heart rate, or as a percentage of your heart rate reserve (HRR%).
- HRmax (user set)
- Polar EnergyPointerEnergyPointer is an easy-to-use feature which tells you during a training session if the main effect of your training is fat burning or fitness improvement. EnergyPointer visually indicates the center point between these two training effects, so when you are below that point, you are improving fat burning, and above that point, you are improving your aerobic fitness.
- Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) – coded transmissionCoded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
- Polar OwnCal® – Smart CaloriesThe most accurate calorie counter on the market calculates the number of calories burned. Calculation is based on your individual data: your weight, height, age, gender and the intensity of physical activity. Smart Calories are available in heart rate monitors and activity trackers.
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Heart rate – bpm / %Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute or as percentage of your maximum heart rate. Heart rate can also be expressed as a percentage of your heart rate reserve, meaning the difference between your resting heart rate and maximum heart rate (HRR = HRmax - HRrest). In Polar software or during strength training, heart rate can be displayed as a graphical trend.
- HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unitWhen HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Graphical target zone indicatorThis feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
- ZonePointerZonePointer is a visible and moving symbol on the training computer display indicating whether you are inside the pre-set or desired target zone. This feature helps you to reach the desired intensity/pace/speed/cadence targets.
- ZoneLockZoneLock feature helps you to accumulate certain intensity. You can either lock a zone before a training session or during it by pressing a button when you are on the desired zone.
- TotalsTotals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
- Training files (with summaries) – 99
- Weekly historyWeekly history gathers your weekly training data. By selecting a week, you can review your training data for the week.
- Training LoadThis feature is available in Polar software. When you transfer training results from your training computer to polarpersonaltrainer.com, you can follow your training load and recovery in the training diary. Continuous monitoring of training load and recovery will help you recognize personal limits, avoid over- or undertraining, and adjust training intensity and duration according to your daily and weekly targets.
- Training diaryDiary is available in Polar software. When you transfer training results from your training computer to your Diary, you can easily follow up your training as well as plan your future training sessions. You can choose to see your training sessions in a Month or Week view, along with a Month or Week summary.
- Training programsThe polarpersonaltrainer.com web service offers training programs for running, cycling, outdoor sports, and general fitness, for instance. The training program creates training targets which appear in your Diary. You can customize the program according your current fitness level.
- Training analyzing
- Compatible with PC via Polar FlowLink
- Compatible with Mac (Intel-based) via Polar FlowLink
- Compatible with polarpersonaltrainer.com via Polar FlowLink
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- Button lockBy activating button lock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
- Low battery indicator
- Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
- User replaceable battery
- Water resistant – 30m
›I am really starting to feel the results -Omar T. Johnson
I had been working out for a while now and I was seeing some results. However, I felt that I was not getting the most out of my workouts. I was eating better and healthier, and breaking down my meals to smaller portions and eating about four to six times a day. I was at an impasse. I did some research into the need for heart/training monitors and came to the conclusion that having one might assist me in pushing past the wall I was hitting. I purchased the Polar FT7 training monitor as an entry level device. After the first day of use I immediately was able to track my progress and see the results of what I was doing. I became able to pinpoint what zones I needed to be in to get the most out of my workouts. Combined with a minor modification in my current eating strategies, I have been able to increase the efficiencies of my workouts and I am really starting to feel the results of those changes... All this after only a week of use! I am thoroughly ! impressed with this product and as I continue my training, I am sure I will remain loyal to the Polar product line when I am ready to take it to the next level. Thank you Polar for the thought you put in your products, please continue to care about helping other people like me to get into a better and healthier life-style!To give you an Idea for where I started from I was hovering around the 290lb mark and I truly hated it. I began to eat better and become more active. Though I will avoid the scales as I feel that tracking weight through that means is a bit of a non motivator, I will tell you that since I started I have dropped at least four (4) pants sizes and everyone around me is noticing a monstrous difference in my body shape and attitude!Thank you again Polar!
Before I started using a heart rate monitor i had little idea how much effort i was putting into each and every workout. Now every workout i do i am constantly refering to my polar watch to see just how hard i am pushing myself as i strive to improve my fitness performance. Recently i spent a week without my monitor and felt lost without it. It's now the most important accessory for my fitness training :D
›It's given me the confidence I need to live a healthy life -Ranee Tsakrios
My FT7 has motivated me and helped me lose more weight than I ever imagined. It's given me the confidence I need to live a healthy life.
I am just a regular guy and definitely not a good storyteller but I do feel compelled to just let you guys know how my Polar has really changed my life and attitude towards overall health and fitness. I can confidently say that i have never been able to stick with a workout schedule for more then 2-3 months without getting bored and slowly giving up. However, with my Polar i found knowing my avg heart rate, max heart rate and calories was a huge motivator to just keep going. I found myself going back to the gym over and over to see if i could burn just a little more calories then last time, or get my max heart rate a little higher then before. Also out of curiosity i was trying different sports like running/biking and fitness routines like pilates/yogo just to see how good they were at burning calories. Short of long its been 10months of consistent fitness, 15lbs lost, resting heartrate down to 63 (versus low 70's historically) no more aching back or trouble carrying my nephew and definitely no signs of me slowing down. Thanks Polar!!!
›my lung capacity has increased due to my training -Martine Perreault
I need oxygen to train because of a work related injury to my lungs. I am currently in the testing phase for a double lung transplant. Since I bought my polar product, it motivates me to train more and harder and my lung capacity has increased due to my training. I need less and less oxygen to train. I am in much better physical shape. I don't want the transplant and in my mind I can conquer my sickness by exercising. Sports have always been important to me. I managed to lose 24 pds even if I take cortisone every day. My pneumologist says I am an inspiration and if more patients where as motivated as I am there would be less sickness. would be less sick.
›When I tried to run previously, I was always overdoing it ... Now I look forward to running -Steven Jones
I have started off as a fairly overweight guy, 230lbs or so, attempting to lose some weight. I have started running with a Polar FT7, and have found what I was missing: stability. With the FT7, I am able to accurately judge when I am exerting myself, and when I am overdoing it. When I tried to run previously, I was always overdoing it, leading me to dread running. Now, my distance and endurance has doubled, my overall fitness has improved, and I look forward to running with it regularly! Thanks Polar!
›the first time I used it, my trainer was blown away -Valerie Sayer
I have been on a major weight loss journey and recently hit a plateau. I had lost about 45lbs but was struggling to lose more. My trainer encouraged me to purchase a heart rate monitor watch so that we could better monitor workouts and calories burned. I heavily researched them and chose the Polar FT7...features that would suit my needs. Well the first time I used it, my trainer was blown away....my heart rate was very low...who would of known??? I was still overweight and still fairly new to the exercise world so he would have thought that my heart rate would sky rocket easily. Nope! So the watch has allowed my trainer to modify my workouts to bet excel my heart rate so that I am effectively burning more calories. AND I have broken that plateau and losing weight again. It is also nice to be able to set a weekly goal of so many calories to be burned and having an accurate tool to ensure that I am reaching it! My polar FT7 has been very important in my workouts....somedays I swear at it as I want it to show more burned calories (lol) but yet if I didn't have it I wouldn't know what to do in order to be successful! Every person trying to get healthy or trying to stay healthy should have one....just like running shoes....a good pair can make the difference!
›there is nothing more important than having good health -Chin Kai Yoon
I am using the Polar FT7 watch as my wrist watch to remind myself daily that there is nothing more important than having good health. By having good health, nothing is impossible. Moreover, good health is the best gift to myself, my loved ones and my family. Polar help me to keep my passion for sports and for life.
›Really impressed -Brian McGuinness
Really impressed. Being able to extrapolate the training data has really helped me monitor my weight loss and fitness gain and kept me motiviated...off to the gym now :)
›its awesome to see that i burned 400-600 calories / workout -Liliana Huerta
I've lost 50lbs since I began to workout at a women's fitness camp (Chicago Women's Fitness Camp led by Michelle Rossfeld). I lost the weight in about 9months through a change in diet and exercise and went from a size 14 to a size 4! I got my FT7 about 3 months in to my working out and it honestly made a HUGE difference. I started tracking my calories burned online as well as the calories I was consuming and it allowed me to make healthier choices. Plus its awesome to see that i burned 400-600 calories / workout. It motivated me even more to work harder to try to beat the prior day's calorie burn. I love my Polar watch especially because the treadmills at my building use Polar technology so I can just use my strap and see my heart rate/cal burn without having to wear my watch.
I've lost about 100 pounds in the last 1-1/2 year but hit a plateau and then started gaining some weight back. Frustrated, I needed new motivation. I'm a very visual person and have to "see" my progress so that I have constant reinforcement and I thought having a new monitor might help me get back on track. I bought the FT7 after checking out every product available and being unable to afford a BodyBugg (which I really thought I wanted!). I thought I'd wear the HRM until I had extra cash and then would switch. I was wrong about the BodyBugg! I love my FT7. It tells me everything I need to know. I use it when I walk around my office complex on breaks during the day, I use it when I walk the dog. I use it at the gym. I monitor my activity level going up and down the stairs! I'm finding that for my health, watching my heart rate is as important as monitoring the calorie burn (also important) -- especially when I have a lot of weight left to lose. This last weekend, I walked my first 5K ever and was amazed that I was able to do it. Before I began my quest to get healthy again, I couldn't walk much farther than to my car from the house. As I walked the course, I checked my monitor constantly to get an idea of my effort level. I've found that since I've been exercising again, I have to work harder to get my heart rate high! I also find that using the monitor keeps me honest. Sometimes when I think I'm killing myself with effort, I'm lying to myself and need to work harder. I also use a pedometer when I walk (because I'm a little obsessive) but could not manage without my HRM. It is the best training tool I could ever have in my arsenol of workout equipment. Not only does it help me track my progress, it acts as an anchor. When I see it on my wrist, I'm reminded of my journey to get healthy. I know my story isn't amazing or motivating or prize-worthy, but I wanted to let you know that it is truly amazing for me to be able to "see" myself getting healthy again with my HRM after 15+ years of inactivity and weight gain. (I can't wait to buy a transmitter so that I can begin uploading my data to my computer.) I'm 55 now and acting like I'm 35! My goal is to run a 10K this time next year. P.S. The group of women I walked with in the 5K had a discussion about our heart rate monitors. All but one of us had Polar. The other one is planning to buy one!
›helped me lose weight smarter and faster -Jason Moore
Ever since I started using my FT7 and starting learning how many calories I was burning during my workouts I better understood how much I was taking in compared to how much I was burning. This helped me lose weight smarter and faster.
›I lost 16 pounds in 4 months. I call that success. -Richard Wagner
I can think of nothing more on point than weight loss. I have worked out for years, but my weight remained constant and in fact ocassionaly slightly increased coincidnet with the seasons. A trainer told me about Polar and stressed the value of keeping my heart rate in the fat burning zone. I took his advice, bought a FT7 and with no changes in diet or workout schedule, I lost 16 pounds in 4 months. I call that success.
›My cardiovascular health is tremendous now. I have been able to loose 15 pounds, reduce my bodyfat 5% and keep it off. -Dave Russell
11 Mos. ago I was at an all time personal low. I was depressed, had been unemployed for over a year, and was in the worst shape of my life. I had not worked out in 2 years. With the little money I had, I joined a gym, borrowed my Stepdad's Polar monitor, and began working out again. I view training without a monitor as serious as flying a plane with no instruments. It's critical to me to train intelligently. If I don't know how I'm performing, how can I be sure I'm going to get results? Using the monitor I began a blended program of resistance training and cardio staying in my target heart rate zone. After two months of working out nearly everyday, I was approached by the gym manager, who offered me a job! Over the past year I have continued to make gains. I returned the borrowed Polar monitor and bought an F7. I began attending spinning classes 4-5 times a week. My cardiovascular health is tremendous now. I have been able to loose 15 pounds, reduce my bodyfat 5% and keep it off. Lossing all that weight increased my energy and boosted my self confidence. Eventually I was able to get back into my career of Project Management. My body and life has been transformed. "Intelligent training" produced the results that are the foundation for my new found happiness!
Every year my group of friends from all over the United States get together and we head to Key West for a Girls' Week-end Away. By "girls", I mean mommies!! None of us wanted to go as the "Fat Girl" at the beach so we have to get in shape to wear our swimsuits. Over the summer, I had suffered a miscarriage which left me depressed (although did not know it at the time) and raging hormones which caused me to eat everything in sight. Combining all that with the rainest 3 months in Houston, I was really out of shape. As a teaching tennis pro and an avid tennis player, I keep trim with lots of tennis. With the rain, that meant my main form of exercise was denied me. So I had to find another form of exercise and fast. When January hit and I actually got on the scale. I had gained 25 solid lbs I literally had a panic attack. Visions of me stuffed in a swimsuit like a German sausage was too much. I knew I needed motivation and plenty of it. Having seen a fellow athletic club member wearing the Polar T7 and how she raved about it, I decided that this was the heart rate monitor I needed. The special features such as water resistance, the calorie expenditure, and the fitness log built into the watch really sold me. I bought the Polar T7 and the most revealing swimsuit I could find and wear without blushing, THE MONOKINI. I lost 25 lbs in 3 months of sheer hard work and determination. I would get up and put on my heart rate monitor and run 3 miles logging all the info onto my computer. When I played tennis, I wore it just to keep track of my workout time and more important calories expended. I then could figure out how much I could eat and build a sensible eating plan around it. Without the Polar T7, I never would have made my goal. In Key West, at the age of 44, I achieved my goal of losing weight, getting fit and ... I proudly wore my Monokini.
- Polar FT7 training computer
- Polar H1 heart rate sensor
- FT7 Getting Started Guide
With accessories you can upgrade your training computer to enhance your experience and achieve a more complete understanding of your performance
Here are some other Polar training computers you might be interested in.