At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Please send your open application on a selected competence area:
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
Manager, PR & Communications
Application closing date
This role is all about planning, action and execution. As the Manager of PR and Communications, you will be responsible for developing and driving Polar’s global and Finnish communications strategy and tactics, ensuring continued growth and expansion across a variety of media and categories.
Reporting to the CMO and serving as the first point of contact for global media, you will directly work alongside and manage Polar’s global PR agency (based in Amsterdam) and support local Polar markets in delivering exceptional results for all subsequent PR activations – including product launches, corporate communications and brand activations. As we are a multinational company with offices, partners and employees around the globe, experience with international brands and teams is essential, as well as business-level fluency in English.
Furthermore, as a company rooted in Finland with offices in Kempele (HQ), Jyväskylä, Tampere and Espoo, the Manager of PR and Communications will also lead and execute Polar’s Finnish corproate communications tactics, serving as the first point of contact and driver for company-related press and communications enquiries. As such, a strong media network and experience in domestic Finnish PR and communications, in addition to native fluency in Finnish, is required.
Although a global position, you must be living and based in Finland, (ideally the capital region, but we are open to candidates based elsewhere throughout Finland). Like most, we are all currently working remotely, however once life goes “back to normal” some travel might be required to our headquarters in Kempele.
We are a close-knit family who depends on and supports each other on a daily basis. So most importantly, we expect you to have a positive, hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-do-it” attitude. We are all in it to win it together.
If you think you have what it takes and are ready to seize this amazing opportunity, let us know.
• Collaborate with other key stakeholders in the creation and development of Polar’s global and Finnish corporate and brand communication strategy and head execution and tactics, including product announcements, business updates/news, and other major PR beats
• Manage and coordinate PR activities in areas where Polar does not have local presences
• Plan, create, manage and execute all internal Polar employee communication tactics and strategies
• Serve as first point of contact for global consumer brand enquiries, as well as all corporate Finland-based press enquiries
• Expand Polar’s global and Finnish media network by establishing and cultivating relationships with key journalists, publications, and bloggers to ensure continued growth and coverage in lifestyle, health, wellbeing, tech, sports and business trade.
• Guide and manage relationship with Polar’s lead global PR agency, based in Amsterdam
• Set global and Finnish PR KPIs and effectively measure and share output to relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to develop aligned and “always on” PR tactics to drive continuous conversation
• Define crisis communications strategy and guidelines
• Set guidelines for and support top management communications tactics, including speaking engagements, media interviews, and internal communications
• Support and regularly coordinate with local Polar markets on various PR matters, including insights, processes, reporting, major beats, announcements, guidelines, etc.
Type of employment
• A very hands-on, solution-oriented and positive mindset is the key to succeeding in this role.
• Proven experience in global and local (Finland) communications and public relations. Experience in the sports/wellbeing categories is considered a plus, but not a requirement.
• Proven experience in day-to-day management of communications agencies
• Native Finnish fluency, with excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
• Digitally savvy with proven ability to drive digital-first PR and comms in inventive and effective ways
• Excellent inter-team communications skills and a confident, hands-on ability to speak on behalf of the company and its products
• Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Focused and organized, and able to provide comprehensive updates, guidance and feedback for internal stakeholders
For further information, please contact Mr. Justin Chacona, email: email@example.com. If you are interested, please send your application and CV via https://tinyurl.com/2wttbazf no later than March 14, 2021.
Application closing date
Are you passionate about influencer marketing and social media? If so, we’d like to hear more from you!
We’re looking for a community professional to join our global Social Media team. You will be part of a small but mighty team that plan, create and publish engaging content on Polar’s social media presences. This position is ideally suited to you if you have a genuine talent and passion for online sports community engagement.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Lead the ambassador and influencer programs across Polar HQ and all Polar subsidiaries
• Develop and implement Polar’s global ambassador and influencer strategy
• Manage Polar’s global YouTube presence
• Create and source video content that is relevant to the existing and potential audiences
• Develop new initiatives to tap into new target consumer communities that provide brand awareness and sales growth opportunities for Polar
What we offer you:
• A unique chance to work with a global consumer brand
• An exclusive vantage point into the world of sports & fitness
• A supportive and welcoming international team
Type of employment
• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing global ambassador and/or influencer programs (examples required within the application)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in managing global social media presences (examples required within the application)
• Excellent English verbal communication skills
• Sports or fitness training background and/or interest in it
• Understanding and experience in content marketing and marketing analytics (Google Analytics)
• Orientation for high quality and details
• Proactiveness and willingness to learn new things
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure