Activity monitoring is based on body movement – telling kids in a fun and easy way how active they are throughout the day. Thanks to the built-in accelerometer, the wrist units are ideal for younger children and are all your students will need to measure their daily activity. Without needing a chest strap, the wrist unit activates automatically when they start moving – whether it’s running, jumping, throwing, swimming, or playing.
Benefits of activity monitoring include
- 24/7 measurements of students’ daily activity, sleep time included
- Effective motivation through instant feedback encourages students to be active
- Simple to create long-term reports of students’ activity levels
- Allows you to objectively evaluate your students based on their performance
- Helps you teach your students the benefits of leading a healthy and active lifestyle
The Polar Activity Monitor divides all activity into five different zones and displays students’ level of effort in an easy to understand way: so the more vigorously they exercise, the harder the little character works on their wrist unit. The below table shows the different zones and example activities for each.
click to enlarge