At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Please send your open applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
Application closing date
- Provide in-depth market intelligence through advanced statistical techniques resulting in actionable insights and recommendations
- Proactively suggest ways to approach and leverage intelligence based on a deep understanding of both business and data
- Build models to support complex analysis and to predict customer behavior at high granularity
- Both answer questions arising from the sales and marketing teams and perform independent research to deliver insight for the sales and marketing teams
- Providing knowledge of the data on the data warehouse into the requirements gathering process
- Defining the required data format from data load to data visualization
- Creating the customer journey documentation and purchase funneling
- Continuous improvement of the reporting, analytical and modelling processes
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our customers interact with our core/business products
- Partner with Product and IS teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches
- The web analyst’s role includes work across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
• Working in database structures, may include Hadoop, hive, mysql, oracle, and vertica
• Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
• Automating analyses
- Product Operations
• Setting goals based on data
• Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
• Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
• Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
• Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors and long-term trends
• Identifying opportunities to help move key metrics
• Evaluating and defining metrics
• Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Operational Leadership
• Influencing vertical teams through sharing of the insights
• Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc. to vertical teams and country teams
- Spreading best practices and actionable analytics to the rest of organizations
Type of employment
- Strong analytical mind set and skills, specifically demonstrate excellent problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills, with SQL Server experience
- Mastery for Excel and data visualization tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce excellent technical documentation
- Strong organizational skills and attention for detail
- Basic knowledge of Regular Expression logic & syntax, or willingness to learn
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant technical field. (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems etc)
- Experience in the design and rollout of custom marketing attribution models is essential
- Optimizing and testing experience
- Experience with tag management technology essential; ideally with experience in a global organization
- High level of proficiency with Omniture Site Catalyst and Discover products and Google Analytics is strongly preferred
The position is located at Kempele or Vantaa, Finland.
For further information please contact Mrs. Lei Sorvisto, tel. +358 (0)400 719 955. Please send your application to email@example.com by April 5, 2015.
System Specialist, Web Applications
Application closing date
Polar Electro offers several web applications for consumers and business customers. As a System Specialist you will manage the development, QA and production environments for these applications. The overall goal of the work is making sure that the applications work and serve customers as agreed. In practice the work includes keeping the servers up-to date, monitoring of the system status and investigation of issues.
Type of employment
Fixed term contract (8 months)
- Experience in modern web application solutions and hosting in High Availability-environments.
- Experience in Operating systems (Linux), Database administration (MariaDB, MongoDB), Web servers (Resin, Play Framework)
- High attention for details
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced work environment
- Good written English.
- Good team working skills
- At least two years working experience in a related field
- Knowledge of VMWare is considered as an advantage
The position is located at our headquarters in Kempele, Finland.
For further information please contact Mr. Timo Nykänen tel. +358 (0) 8 5202 100 on Thursday March 26, 2015 between 13:00 - 16:00. We kindly ask you to send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2015.