At Polar we say ‘Every body has a story’. By helping people listen to their body and understand the story it’s telling them, we can help them improve their fitness and health goals. Joining the Polar team means you have the opportunity to help make their stories, and your story, a big success.
We are constantly looking for the most gifted individuals to join our global company. For us, it’s important that we find the right person for the right vacancy. That’s why we ensure that the candidate’s specific needs and expectations closely match the job requirements.
With interesting tasks, excellent resources, exciting benefits and a unique team spirit, it’s an ideal environment for candidates wanting to challenge themselves and develop their skills. And who knows, our next winning candidate could be you!
Please send your open applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Polar as an employer
So what is Polar like as an employer? Well, we’d like to think a good one. Just look at our continuous investment in employee development. Or the fact that, to us, the well-being of each team member is of the utmost importance. It’s all part of our dedication to finding new ways in which our employees can improve their skills and be motivated in their work.
System Manager, Reporting for a permanent position
Application closing date
As a System Manager, Reporting you will be the key person for developing and maintaining our global business intelligence and reporting system. Designing and rebuilding Polar’s reporting architecture will be your first major project. The main tools you will be working with are Cognos and SQL.
Type of employment
- Experience in Cognos and SQL development and configuration.
- Experience in data warehouse development.
- Understanding of global production, sales and distribution processes.
- Excellent project management skills
- Understanding of reporting needs of global business.
- General level knowledge of SAP ERP is a benefit.
- At least 3 years working experience in a related field.
- A high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work alone, managing own work and setting sensible priorities according to requirements.
- A good level of inter-personal and communication skills to be able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work with people from different areas and background and other company locations and contribute to a good team spirit.
- Good analytical and logical thinking capability.
- Planning/organizational skills: you are able to organize work, prioritize tasks and ask support when appropriate to meet deadlines.
- Flexible attitude and ability to perform under pressure.
- Relevant degree e.g. in Business and/or Information Systems.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
The position is located at our headquarters in Kempele, Finland.
For further information please contact Mr. Juha Tohmola, tel. +358 85202 206 on Thursday 28th May, 2015 between 12:00 and 16:00 or by email. Please send your CV and application with salary request by email to Mrs. Anne Petajajarvi by Monday 15th June, 2015. (email format: email@example.com).
Customer Support Representative for a temporary position (~12 months)
Application closing date
Customer Support Representative will help Polar users, sales subsidiaries and distributors in Polar Products and web services related questions and queries. She/he will respond to emails, phone calls and messages received via Chat and Social Media channels. The work will also include preparing support material and bulletins concerning products and web services. The Customer Support Representative will work in close co-operation with other team members of the Global Customer Care Team.
Type of employment
Fixed term contract (~12 months)
- Customer oriented mindset
- Ability to handle customer complaints and difficult questions with positive attitude and without getting stressed.
- Systematic and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues appropriately both with technical specialists and with customers
- Ability to communicate in various channels (e.g. phone, email, chat and social media)
- Good knowledge in computers, operating systems and web technologies
- Knowledge about heart rate training is a benefit
- Excellent written and spoken Finnish and English
- Suitable commercial or technical education
The position does not include travelling and is located at Kempele, Finland.
For further information please contact Mr. Petri Tsokkinen, tel. + 358 8 5202 100 (Fri 22nd May 13- 14:30 and Tue 26th May 10-11). Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st of June, 2015.