Polar ProTrainer 5 Software Compatibility with Mac
Polar ProTrainer 5 is not supported for Mac. For software compatibility, see Related Documents below.
Many Polar users have been able to use Polar software on Intel-based Mac computers through using a Windows emulating software, such Parallels or Apple Boot Camp.
For more information on how to run emulating software, please contact the emulating software support. For more information on Boot Camp, please contact Apple.
Here you can find an example installation of Polar ProTrainer 5 software and Polar IrDA USB Adapter on Mac.
System used in the example:
- MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel, running OS X version 10.5.8
- BootCamp running Windows XP, Service Pack 3
- Polar ProTrainer 5 software (v. 5.10.120)
To install Polar IrDA USB Adapter to BootCamp
1. Start BootCamp.
2. Install appropriate Polar IrDA USB Adapter driver.
3. Plug in Polar IrDA USB Adapter.
4. After installation you can see the adapter in Device Manager.
To install Polar ProTrainer 5 software to BootCamp
1. Install Polar ProTrainer 5 software from installation CD and allow automatic update from Help → Check for updates.
2. Start software and enter your personal information.
3. Test data transfer. For guidelines, please see How to transfer data to Polar ProTrainer 5 via IrDA.