Battery Replacement Instructions for Polar Active and Polar Move
1. Open battery holder by turning it counter-clockwise. You can use a Polar battery holder opener, a coin or screwdriver. See image A.
2. Remove old battery and wait 3-5 minutes before inserting the new battery. This allows the microprocessor to reset.
3. Insert new battery with plastic tweezers, with the plus (+) side up. See image B.
NOTE: Do not use metal tweezers because they can short circuit the battery. Be careful not to bend the spring.
4. Use plastic tweezers or an anti-static cloth to press the battery into place.
NOTE: Bare finger grease and dirt weakens the contact.
5. Check that o-ring is clean and in place before inserting the battery holder.
6. Place battery holder in place and turn it clockwise until firmly closed.
- Make sure the batteries do not touch each other as that may cause them to drain prematurely.
- Batteries are hazardous waste and need to be recycled.