Polar Launches Its First Indoor Sports Training iPad AppTuesday, August 20, 2013
Lake Success, N.Y. (August 20, 2013) – Polar (www.polar.com), the leader in heart rate monitoring and fitness assessment technologies, has launched the Polar Team app – its first free indoor sports training app for iPad that allows coaches and trainers to monitor real-time heart rate and performance data of individual athletes or an entire team. The Polar Team app is a simple way to introduce the benefits of heart rate training to teams and provides coaches with valuable information to increase the effectiveness of their coaching.
“For high school teams, amateur athletic unions and club teams that may not have trained with heart rate before, the Polar Team app provides easy access to an accurate assessment of their training and helps maximize the performance of individual athletes and the whole team,” said Herb Baer, Polar USA president. “With real-time heart rate data, coaches are able to guide their players during training sessions and adjust workouts as needed based on each person’s physical state.”
The Polar Team app, which is capable of monitoring up to 40 players at once, is a cost effective way for coaches of indoor sports—such as basketball, ice hockey and volleyball—to integrate heart rate training into their team’s training. Each athlete must wear a Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor to accurately record real-time heart rate data during practices and training.
The new app is the second team heart rate monitoring product from Polar. Team² Pro is a comprehensive team heart rate monitoring system used by numerous leading Olympic, professional and collegiate teams.
Key Polar Team App Features:
- See live heart rate data on individual players or the whole team
- See how hard each team member is training, in real time, with highly accurate heart rate data
- Compare real-time heart rate data and live stats among team members or analyze the team’s overall performance
- Identify periods of over-training and potential for risk of injury
- Adjust training sessions for the whole team, or for individual team members, based on live data about each person’s physical state
- Review individual and team performance via weekly training statistics through the use of detailed graphs
- Share training summaries with other members of the coaching staff or with players, for a greater overall understanding of physical performance
- Understand individual performance thresholds and how to improve during trainings
- Compare real-time performance against other team members to boost motivation
- Receive training summaries by email at the end of each training session to better track progress and goals
The Polar Team app is available now through the Apple iTunes App Store. The supporting Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensors are available in a special team kit of 10 units.
Headquartered in Lake Success, NY, Polar USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Finland-based Polar Electro OY, which invented the first wireless heart rate monitor (HRM) in 1977. Polar now operates internationally in more than 80 countries and its products are sold through 35,000 retailers globally. Polar heart rate and fitness assessment technology delivers unparalleled insight into the human body from valuable training guidance and feedback, to enabling individuals to improve their fitness level and sports performance. Polar technology is key to the success of leading fitness facilities, athletic teams, corporate wellness facilities, health insurance providers and thousands of physical education programs around the world. Today, Polar training computers are the number one choice among consumers worldwide. For more information, visit www.polar.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.