In 2017 Polar Electro is celebrating 40 years of pioneering in wearable sports technology. Polar has achieved a clear market leader position with innovative products, apps and services and has 18 subsidiaries globally and manages a distribution network of 35,000 retail outlets in more than 80 countries. The group employs more than 1,200 people worldwide.
The basis of the company’s success has been its technology and design. Whilst the main focus has been on these attributes, it recognises the importance of developing a consumer focused culture to capitalise on its success.
For the Benelux region, Polar is looking for a Consumer Engagement & Community Manager, employed by Polar Electro Nederland BV, based in Polar office in Dendermonde and reporting to the Marketing Manager Benelux.
Core Job Purpose
Consumers want to interact with Polar via a wide variety of channels and also Polar has interest in being able to communicate directly with end consumers. Social media, E-mail and our ambassadors are some of the possibilities that Polar wants to leverage in a better way to reach this goal. Through a continuous presence in media like sports specialty website & magazines, through bloggers and at a range of (sports) events Polar is able to interact with consumers.
This role will be responsible for the implementation of the local marketing strategy and to achieve the goals in this area.
• On a project basis you manage all product and market related aspects within a customer and product segment, namely the product management of Polar Team & Team Pro applications & products: create communication materials, direct mailing and testimonials with our partners.
• Improve customer lifetime value and enhancing product user experience.
• Editor of local social media content based on the content calendar created by Polar HQ. Grow the fanbase & (organic) reach of our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube).
• Ensure quick, correct & friendly feedback on consumer messages via social media, in close collaboration with the Polar Benelux consumer support department.
• Use our e-mail database to engage with our existing consumer base about & beyond the Polar brand on a regular basis. Ensure maximal adaptation to the local market needs in close collaboration with Polar HQ.
• Improve our visibility in traditional and online media. Follow up on PR contacts, support journalists, influencers & relevant bloggers to maximize the reach of (joint) press releases, reviews and product tests.
• Activate local & global ambassadors & professional sports partners (athletes & teams) to ensure maximum reach & return on investment. Ensure presence in our partners communication (Email, Website, SoMe) as agreed in the contracts. Development of testimonials.
• Contract management of local ambassadors, events & sports partnerships.
• Ensure the perfect organization & representation of the Polar brand on Sports Events, Dealer events & Trade Shows.
• Strategic social media planning, execution and evaluation of sports events and partnerships.
• Activation, support and execution of globally managed events and partnerships.
• Pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection and booking, agency management, agenda development and event flow, event promotion, attendee registration and communication, material printing and shipping, budget management, staffing, event follow-up and reporting.
• Financial control of all activities within your responsibilities, including invoicing and complete cost control throughout the each project ensuring best negotiated rates and timely delivery within budget.
Type of employment
As a consumer engagement & community manager you thrive extremely well amongst sports enthusiasts. You have a native passion for social media & digital communication. At the same time you also have a hands-on mentality and you like live interaction with consumers. You have no worries respecting tight timelines and you perform at your best in a rapidly changing environment. To be successful you need to utilize exceptional project management skills to manage to ensure all aspects of the role get sufficient attention.
Required Skills and Experience
• A university degree in business administration, marketing or comparable.
• 1 - 3 years of experience in B2C marketing is considered a plus.
• A passion for sports & enjoying a sporty lifestyle.
• Friendly attitude and consumer centric approach.
• Capable of utilizing great social skills to motivate a team towards the goal.
• Hands-on digital experience with social media content management tools.
• Able to develop scripts for the setup and organisation of events.
• Able to manage external agencies & contractors to ensure high quality deliverables.
• Highly sensitive to the importance of an outstanding customer experience in driving brand preference.
• Creativity in approaching challenges. Out-of-the-box problem solving.
• Resourceful budget manager: capable of maximizing outcome with minimum budget.
• Result oriented. Capable of translating soft attributes to measurable KPI’s.
• Traveling (mostly) within Benelux and working weekends doesn’t pose a problem.
• Fluent in Dutch, French and English.