Polar CS600X, CS600, CS500, CS400 and RS800CX training computers show incline or decline in degrees and percentages. The incline is shown in grade % on the monitor. Inclination is calculated by measuring height and distance change in known observation period.
Percent value = height change: distance change x 100
Angular value = arcsin x height change: distance change
Polar Speed sensor W.I.N.D. is required to enable incline/decline measurement calculation.
Incline/decline value in ProTrainer 5
The incline max and decline max values are available in ProTrainer 5 reports.
- Go to Reports, and select a report you wish to open.
- Right-click on the report and select Report Properties.Report Properties opens.
- Go to General page and double-click on the line chart you wish to use.
- In the Edit Report Chart dialog, go to General page and select Incline Maximum or Decline Maximum value from the drop-down list.
- Click OK twice to accept the report changes.
The incline max and decline max values per exercise are also available in polarpersonaltrainer.com → Training Result.