Polar Team² Pro
How to Establish PDA Wireless Network
To monitor training on-line you have to establish a wireless connection between PDA and the base station. Check your PDA wireless connection settings before starting the Team2 PDA software.
This is an example of establishing wireless connection between HP PDA and base station. User interface terms may be different depending on PDA manufacturer.
1. Make sure the wireless connection is enabled.
2. Check the wireless adapter settings.
3. Configure wireless network settings.
4. Finalize the wireless connection to the base station.
5. Disconnect the PDA from the base station.
Make Sure Wireless Connection Is Enabled
1. Click the Connectivity icon at the top of the PDA screen. Pop-up appears.
2. Select Wireless Manager.
3. Make sure the wireless is enabled (not greyed out). You can enable the wireless by clicking.
Check Wireless Adapter Settings
After you have checked that the wireless connection is enabled, check the wireless adapter settings.
1. Open the wireless connection settings either by selecting Start → Settings → Connections, or by clicking the Connectivity icon at the top of the screen and selecting Settings.
2. Select Wi-Fi.
3. Select Network Adapters tab.
4. Select your wireless adapter from the list (e.g. Wireless Card).
5. In the IP Address tab, make sure that Use server-assigned IP address is selected.
5. Select the Name Servers tab and make sure that the DNS, Alt DNS, WINS and Alt WINS fields are empty.
6. Select OK from the upper right corner of the screen.
7. Close the Settings window.
Configure wireless network settings
1. Switch on the base station if not already switched on. Wait for approximately 1 minute, for the blue light 1 to light up.
2. Open the wireless connection settings either by selecting Start → Settings → Connections, or by clicking the Connectivity icon at the top of the screen and selecting Settings.
3. Select Wi-Fi.
4. A list of available wireless networks appears. If the base station is ready, you should see Team2_XXXXXXXX on the Wireless Networks list.
5. Click on the network of your base station.
6. Leave the first page of the configuration as is. Select Next to continue.
7. Select Open from the Authentication drop-down list, and WEP from the Data Encryption drop-down list.
8. Unselect The key is automatically provided box. Type in the base station's network key you have determined during Wizard. Select Next to continue.
9. Leave the last page as it is. Click Finish to complete the setting configuration.
10. The available wireless networks list is shown. If your PDA does not automatically start to connect to the base station (it may take about 20-30 seconds), select the base station's network from the list and select Connect.
After you have set the wireless network settings, your PDA automatically detects the base station's network when the base station is on and the wireless connection is ready to use.
If the base station is not turned on or the PDA is out of network range, the preset wireless network is displayed in the wireless network list as unavailable.
Finalize the Wireless Connection to the Base Station
1. Switch on the base station if not already switched on. Wait for approx. 1 minute until the base station gets ready (the blue light 1 is on).
2. Open the Team2 PDA software by selecting Start → Programs → Polar Team2 PDA.
3. Select Menu → Connect. The PDA establishes a wireless connection to the base station if the wireless connection settings are correctly set.
To disconnect the PDA from the base station's wireless network, select Menu → Disconnect. The connection is closed automatically.
The WiFi adapter is still enabled.