H6 heart rate sensor
Troubleshooting Polar H6 / H7 heart rate sensor
If your Polar H6 / Polar H7 heart rate sensor is not working as it should, try troubleshooting before contacting your closest Polar Service.
1) Check from the receiving device's manual that it supports Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Smart) and its standardized heart rate service.
Polar H6/H7 is not compatible with earlier Bluetooth versions.
2) Do you have a compatible receiving device or application in use?
Check out the compatibility requirements.
3) Check that you have paired the heart rate sensor with the application.
- If paring does not work, check that bluetooth on the receiving device is enabled.
- When pairing, make sure you are far (10 m/ 33 ft) from other Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor users.
- If your receiving device has a bluetooth devices list, you can check if the sensor is paired. Polar H6/H7 along with its ID number is listed when the sensor is paired. The ID numeber is printed on the back of the sensor.
iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 do not show Polar H6/H7 in the bluetooth devices list.
For more on enabling heart rate sensor and starting the application, please see user instructions provided by the application manufacturer.
4) Check that you are wearing the heart rate sensor correctly
How to wear a heart rate sensor with textile strap
5) Could the heart rate sensor battery be getting empty?
- Battery lifetime of Polar H6 is about 300 hours.
- Battery lifetime of Polar H7 is about 200 hours.
- Have you tried if changing the battery helps. See the instruction video for H7 or H6.
6) Is the receiving device positioned correctly?
- Keep the receiving device in front of you to ensure sufficient transmission range. A good place e.g. for a mobile phone is in a front pocket or handlebar.
2.4 GHz radio frequency signal, which Bluetooth Smart uses, does not pass through human body, e.g. your arm.
7) Have tried restarting the application and heart rate sensor?
- Exit the application and remove the heart rate sensor from the strap. Wait 30 seconds, place the sensor back and start the application.
8) If your receiving device has a bluetooth devices list, try if removing the Polar H6/H7 from the list and pairing it again helps.
- Remember to wear the heart rate sensor when pairing
9) Have you tried if restarting the receiving device helps.
10) If possible, try if the heart rate sensor works with some other compatible application or with some other compatible device.
If any of above mentioned didn't solve the problem, please contact Polar distributor in your country.