Customizing RCX5 Settings via WebSync
WebSync software allows you easy access to your RCX5 training computer settings. With it, you can edit your user and device settings, add or remove sport profiles, and export training data to Polar ProTrainer 5 software.
Connect to WebSync
1. Windows users: Double-click the WebSync icon in your computer taskbar. Select Training Computer in Welcome window.
Mac OS X users: Secondary click WebSync icon in menu bar and select Training Computer.
2. Connect DataLink to your computer USB port and follow the given instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to edit training computer settings, please go to WebSync Help → Training Computer Settings.
Editing RCX5 Settings
Connection icon (top left) is green when your training computer is connected, red when disconnected. If connection is lost and saving the settings fails, go to Connect → Start synchronization on your RCX5 to reconnect.
Your RCX5 has 5 default sport profiles: Running, Cycling, Cycling 2, Swimming and Other sport. On top of these 5 default ones, you can add up to 15 sport profiles of your very own. Whenever you add, remove or edit your sport profiles, the changes are automatically sent to your polarpersonaltrainer.com account when you synchronize your training computer the following time.
- To create a new sport profile, click Add sport in Sport Profile List.
- To edit a sport profile click the sport profile icon.
- To delete a non-default sport profile, click on the sport profile icon. You cannot delete a default sport profile.
Customize your sport profile:
- In General settings you can edit- Name - max. 14 characters- Type - Which sensors and what kind of training views are available for the sport profile. - Icon - Shown both on the training computer and in your polarpersonaltrainer.com Diary training result view. Default sport profiles have fixed names, types and icons.- Hide in pre-training mode - Handy setting for a sport you only do occasionally, e.g. certain time of the year. - Sensors - You can only enable sensors that are paired with your training computer and available for the selected sport profile.For Cycling you can select the bike (1, 2 or 3) and activate speed and cadence sensors. When speed sensor is enabled, wheel size (mm) and Auto Start Training selections become available. Auto Start Training function starts and stops the training recording automatically when you start and stop cycling.
- In Training settings you can select- Speed units- Volume for Training Sounds- Functionality of HeartTouch, Automatic Lap, and Reminder, which can be max. 10 characters and will be shown on display at set reminder alarm time.
- In Display you can customize six different training views for each sport profile. The available items depend on the sensors you have paired with your training computer.
User SettingsYou can edit- weight- height- sex- date of birth- VO2max- HRmax- HRsit- activity levelEnter your user settings accurately to receive the correct feedback on your performance. User settings transfer is bidirectional. The most recent data is transferred either from the training computer to polarpersonaltrainer.com or vice versa upon synchronizing.
You can edit- General settings – training computer buttons sounds (on/off), button lock (automatic/manual), units for training computer and WebSync, language for training computer, and Power Save Mode mode. - Watch settings – time, date, date formatting, and alarm settings. If you select Use computer time your training computer will use the time settings from your computer.- Logo – also watch face can be edited here. Logo image can be jpg, .png, .gif and .bmp files. Use a black-and-white image of 64x30 pixel size if you can for best logo sharpness. If you cannot, the image is automatically scaled up or down to fit.
Training Data You can export your training data to Polar ProTrainer 5 software. For detailed instructions please see: Data Export from RCX5/CS500 to ProTrainer 5
Customize Displays in RCX5
Synchronize Data Between RCX5/CS500 and polarpersonaltrainer.com
Data Export from RCX5/CS500 to ProTrainer 5
Power Save Mode in RCX5