Battery Lifetime in RCX3
The battery lifetime for the RCX3 training computer is on average 7-8 months and depends on which features and sensors you use.
• Average 8 months if you only use the heart rate sensor, and train an average of 1h/day 7 days/week.
• Average 7,5 months if you use the heart rate sensor and one other sensor, and train an average of 1h/day 7 days/week.
• Average 7 months if you use the heart rate sensor and two other sensors, and train an average of 1h/day 7 days/week.
Battery life has been calculated with the presumption that the power save mode is on during nights and AutoSync is set off.
The suggestions below will help you to lengthen the battery lifetime.
To get the 8 months lifetime for the battery, take the following settings into use in your training computer:
• Set the AutoSync off in MENU > Connect > AutoSync > Off.
• Set the GPS sensor off in MENU > Settings > Sport profiles, when you do not need speed, distance or location data.
The battery is inserted at the factory. The actual life of the first battery once the product is in your possession can therefore feel shorter than the estimated.
• Before battery change, transfer all data from your RCX3 to polarpersonaltrainer.com to avoid data loss.
• Excessive use of the backlight drains the battery more rapidly.
• In cold conditions, the low battery indicator may appear, but will disappear when the temperature rises.
• The backlight and sound are automatically turned off when the low battery indicator is displayed. Any alarms set prior to the appearance of the low battery indicator will remain active.